I had previously mentioned that Indian Railways plans to introduce a new e-ticketing service like IRCTC. Here are some of the differences noted between the two services -
- IRCTC is a separate corporation. Its services will likely continue.
- IRCTC has separate logins for agents and passengers. The new service will be only for passengers
- A maximum of 10 tickets can be booked per month in IRCTC. Initially at least, this limit will be 8 in the new service.
- The new service will be hosted out of www.indianrailways.gov.in . The IRCTC website will continue to be at irctc.co.in
- Users will have to create fresh login for the new service
More updates as I get more news. Stay tuned :)